You can take it with you—Bookends, wherever you are.
Bookends On Tap is a reference management app that works on the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. It is a universal app, meaning that although it works well on small screens, it takes advantage of the larger viewing area of the iPad for a richer experience. Bookends On Tap requires iOS v5.0 or later.
Although Bookends On Tap can be used as a standalone app, it integrates with the Bookends reference management application on the Mac, providing seamless wireless transfer of references and pdfs between your Mac and iOS devices. This means that you can find references when you are on the go and import them, with pdfs, into Bookends when you are at your desk (and vice versa).
Bookends 11.2 or later is required to sync with Bookends On Tap.
When used with Bookends:
- Wirelessly synchronize references and groups between your iOS devices and Bookends.
- Synchronize all references or only those belonging to specific groups.
- Synchronize pdfs.
Bookends On Tap has these features:
- Search PubMed, PubMed Central, Google Scholar, JSTOR, Web of Science, arXiv, and the LIbrary of Congress directly and save the results to your personal library.
- Use the built-in browser to access Web sites and pdfs (EZProxy compliant).
- Import pdfs of the articles you find (requires access privileges).
- Annotate pdfs with notes, highlights, etc.
- Search for text in pdfs.
- Enter and/or edit reference metadata (e.g. authors, title, notes, etc.).
- Quickly add notes with notecards.
- PDF thumbnails provide quick access to your attached articles.
- Search your library for words in authors, titles, or abstracts, or all three.
- Create groups (static or smart) to quickly find reference subsets.
- Quickly email references in a form suitable for reading or importing into a reference management application on your Mac or PC.
Bookends On Tap is available from the App Store for $9.99.