syncing preferences

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
danzac

syncing preferences

Post by danzac »

Any chance we might see the preferences be included alongside the other custom files to sync ? It would certainly make the syncing another step easier for multiple macs
~I swore to myself that if I ever got to walk around the room as manager people would laugh as they saw me coming and applaud as I walked away~

Jon
Site Admin

Re: syncing preferences

Post by Jon »

We already sync a number of global variables. See p. 24 of the User Guide.

Which others would you want?

Jon
Sonny Software

danzac

Post by danzac »

Hmm, okay. I wonder if I had just done something wrong. I am syncing my custom files via Dropbox, and sync my library and attachments with iCloud. But I had to manually do my reference types and my color labels.
~I swore to myself that if I ever got to walk around the room as manager people would laugh as they saw me coming and applaud as I walked away~

Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

By sync library with iCloud what do you mean? Are you using Bookends built-in cloud sync (good)? Or did you put your library in iCloud Drive yourself and sync the entire file (bad)?

Jon
Sonny Software

danzac

Post by danzac »

No, I'm syncing via iCloud according to the user guide set up.

Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Then do the experiment. Change a reference Type in preferences and sync. After syncing the other Mac does it appear there?

Jon
Sonny Software

danzac

Post by danzac »

Will do and will report back