Scrollbars broken

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
mrob

Scrollbars broken

Post by mrob »

Pasting a combination of Japanese and English text into the Notes field of a reference appears to break the scrollbars:

https://pasteboard.co/lsbDqsv0m1TE.png

I can scroll using the scroll wheel on the mouse, but not by dragging the scroll bar itself. It appears that there are in fact two scroll bars in the notes view, one atop the other. The upper one is broken, while the lower one is functional, though because it is occluded by the non-functional upper one, I can't use it to scroll.

The same thing is happening on multiple references, with exactly the same mode of failure.

To fix this, I tried the following:

(1) Cut the text, completely erase the Notes field, and paste my notes text again. Same problem. I notice that even if I do Select All and Clear, the scrollbar is still broken, in that it won't scroll all the way to the top.

(2) If I try pasting the text (both RTF and plain) to a new, empty reference, it seems to be okay.

(3) Tried Verifying the library (no problems) and rebuilding, but the scrollbar problem persists.

It seems like the broken UI elements are somehow permanently associated with the reference.

I'm using Bookends 14.0.8 running on macOS 10.14.6. You can find the text I am pasting here: https://pastebin.com/3JVk3N3C

Any suggestions?
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Scrollbars broken

Post by Jon »

Hm, I don't see this problem with the text you indicated. I'll experiment some more and see if I can figure out what might be happening for you.

Jon
Sonny Software
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

I see the problem now -- it will be fixed in the next update.

Jon
Sonny Software
mrob

Post by mrob »

Thanks — looking forward to trying it!