Search by type

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
kjames196

Search by type

Post by kjames196 »

I apologize if this question is basic (or answered somewhere; I looked, but could not find anything). I would like to limit my search by reference type. For example, I would like to search my database but only the books in the database. The search function allows you to focus on a field, but the "type" (not named, but I don't know what else to call it) is a dropdown menu, not a field, and I don't see any way to limit the search using it. I would think it would be on the drop down menu that is after "Search" but that only has "the entire library" or "hits list". Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Search by type

Post by Jon »

Refs -> Find (Command-F) offers far more complex searches (including for Type) than you can perform with the simple live search option.

And of course you can create your own SQL searches (see the thread immediately below this one in the list).

Jon
Sonny Software
kjames196

Re: Search by type

Post by kjames196 »

Thanks! That did the trick. I didn't see it was on the "text" drop down menu. I thought I had checked all of the drop down menus, but I guess not.