Space after colons in titles, 505a field

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
spd

Space after colons in titles, 505a field

Post by spd »

I have been trying to figure out ways to solve this problem: book titles that include a colon have a space both before and after the colon. This space appears originally in the library record, too. I've poked around the import filters and bibliography formatting options but am not sure where to make any changes on the user end. This never happened with earlier versions either. The imported refererences also didn't seem to have any problems.

Thanks in advance.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Hi spd,

If the space is there in the original data, it will be in the data after it is imported to Bookends, too. You can always import to the Hits List and do a find/replace for ' : ' and replace with ': ' in the Hits afterwards.

Jon
Sonny Software
spd

Post by spd »

Thanks for the information Jon. Your support is absolutely amazing. The new version is quite impressive as well. So, there's no way apart from doing a "change" to get rid of that space, huh? I trust it has to do with which library the source is from; using reference miner, all my prior references would have come from either Amazon or LOC. Since the LOC often does not contain the 505 data, which I find useful, lately I've been searching university libraries.

Thanks again.