Formats manager

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Thomas

Formats manager

Post by Thomas »

Hi!

I've been editing the default APA formats in the format manager (changing the primary order, punctuation etc.). But now I want to revert to the default APA format. But how do I do that?

Regards

Thomas
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Well, ideally you would have made a NEW format BASED ON APA, and done your editing there. That way you have both at hand.

To revert, you need to download Bookends again. Or, to avoid a 12 MB overhead, email me, request it, and I'll send it to you.

Jon
Sonny Software

Post by Guest »

Right. But a "revert to default" option would be a nice, Mac-ish, and user-friendly addition to an already very user-friendly app :) It should always be possible to play around with everything without having to reinstall the program or parts of it, if you want to return to the starting point.

Thomas
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

But you are actually editing a little database when you modify a format. Every piece of data would have to be stored twice, and there would have to be a mechanism for us (me) to enter the data and tell Bookends to "freeze" that somewhere, out of sight.

That's a lot of work and overhead. Much simpler to just go back to archival copy, which you can maintain yourself (by making a new format before editing) or get from us.

Jon
Sonny Software