Title options for fields

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
danzac

Title options for fields

Post by danzac »

Jon, I am coming across a small problem I think. For SBL style, if a book is 'revised and update' then I am to put 'rev. and enl.' in the footnote, and 'Rev. and Enl.' in the Bibliography. Obviously its a minor detail. I put 'rev. and enl.' in the edition field, but is there any way to apply the Title: options of Title case and/or sentence case to any field? Thanks.
~I swore to myself that if I ever got to walk around the room as manager people would laugh as they saw me coming and applaud as I walked away~
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Sorry Danny, these are field-specific features.

Jon
Sonny Software
danzac

possible for an update?

Post by danzac »

Would it be possible to make the Title options available for one more field in the future (the Edition field would be best for my purposes). Thanks, Danny
~I swore to myself that if I ever got to walk around the room as manager people would laugh as they saw me coming and applaud as I walked away~
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

It's not that straightforward, since the Edition field can be used for other things in other Types. Moreover, users can change it and use it for something else (this is configurable, of course). So to add something like this requires a lot of GUI overhead. In the example you gave, far easier to simply add the words in the right case.

Jon
Sonny Software