The Concise tab

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
danzac

The Concise tab

Post by danzac »

I remember someone asking Jon about being able to customize the Concise window and he indicated this isn't possible. I would personally like this to change, and am wondering if others feel the same. I'd like to be able to dictate what is shown in the concise view based on a format.

This need is particularly felt for more complex citations. For certain book chapters, they are in a titled volume that is itself part of a series. This means I have customized other fields to handle all of this. But this info doesn't appear in the concise view. To get all of the information, I need to look at both the info window and the view formatted. How much better if the "view formatted" was just the first line in the concise view?

Others may just want the title and abstract there, or whatever.

Does anyone else share this sentiment? Jon, is it in the woodworks? is it even possible?

Danny
~I swore to myself that if I ever got to walk around the room as manager people would laugh as they saw me coming and applaud as I walked away~