EBSCO ATLA textfile import

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
jmckeown

EBSCO ATLA textfile import

Post by jmckeown »

After an ATLA search I exported a in "format for bibliographic software". But when I imported this into BOOKENDS using EBSCO ATLA filter, only 4/12 items arrived (items 7,8,9,11). Later I tried it in ENDNOTE and all 12 items imported OK, so I think the file was OK (see below).

This is my first use of bibliographic software, and import of records output from ATLA (and British Library) will be main usage. I already bought Mellel so would like to use Bookends if it can import OK.

Record: 10
TI- Reading Tabitha : a feminist reception history.
AU- Anderson, Janice Capel
SO- New literary criticism and the New Testament p 108-144. Sheffield, Eng : Sheffield Academic Pr, 1994 ATLA0001042779
IB- 1850755108
YR- 1994
LA- English
SU- Tabitha (Biblical character)Bible (NT)--Criticism, FeministBible (NT)--Study--HistoryReader-response criticism
SC- Acts 9:36-42
NT- Bibliography.
PT- Essay
UC- 20040715
AN- ATLA0001203707

Record: 11 etc ......
John McKeown
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Hi John,

The example you listed below imports just fine for me using the EBSCOHost ATLA filter we provide.

Please contact us at

support@sonnysoftware.com

and inlcude the file you want to import as an attachment, including the items that don't import correctly, so I can see what the problem is and fix it.

Jon
Sonny Software
danzac

ATLA ebscohost filter

Post by danzac »

I don't know if you'll see this jmckeown, but you can email me at danzac@gmail.com, and I can email you two filters for ATLA that I fixed up, one for journal articles one for book chapters. Danny
~I swore to myself that if I ever got to walk around the room as manager people would laugh as they saw me coming and applaud as I walked away~
danzac

RIS import filter for ATLA

Post by danzac »

For those of you interested, I have found a superior way for importing from ATLA Ebscohost using a modified RIS filter. Please email, danzac@gmail.com, if you want it. I will be sending it to Jon so it can be included with Bookends 8. Thanks, Danny
~I swore to myself that if I ever got to walk around the room as manager people would laugh as they saw me coming and applaud as I walked away~