Feature request: basic record info for Notes/Keywords tabs

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
jblander

Feature request: basic record info for Notes/Keywords tabs

Post by jblander »

Esp. since they have key commands for opening them, I find the Notes and Keywords Tabs helpful for a variety of things. In particular, in certain Groups, I like to skim through the keywords or notes to see if something stands out to me when I'm working on a project.

When skimming through, I like to flip through a group of records while looking just at the Notes Tab. However, as I go through each record, I often cannot tell which book or article I'm actually in, since the Notes aren't always that detailed; so I have to click back to the Main Tab in order to know.

It would be nice if basic record information (author, title, book, editor, journal) were placed in a fixed/uneditable location at the top of the Keywords and Notes Tabs, so one knows which record one is looking at. If that information were included, I could "arrow" through a number of records while just looking at the Notes or Keywords Tab, and not have a need to frequently switch back to the main info tab for each record to know what they are the keywords or notes for.