PDF preview

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
danzac

PDF preview

Post by danzac »

I crop my PDF's using Preview's new cropping abilities but noticed that croppings aren't recognized in BE's PDF viewer. This makes me think that Preview is just masking the PDF's, but I digress. DEVONthink and Adobe Reader recognize the crop, and was wondering if BE could too.
~I swore to myself that if I ever got to walk around the room as manager people would laugh as they saw me coming and applaud as I walked away~
ozean

Re: PDF preview

Post by ozean »

Preview is definetely just masking when you crop a PDF – however, it is indeed strange that other apps using the built-in PDF mechanism provided by OS X (like Bookends) do not recognize/display this…
danzac

Re: PDF preview

Post by danzac »

ozean wrote:Preview is definetely just masking when you crop a PDF – however, it is indeed strange that other apps using the built-in PDF mechanism provided by OS X (like Bookends) do not recognize/display this…
other programs do recognize the mask - at least ones I use. Only BE doesn't.
~I swore to myself that if I ever got to walk around the room as manager people would laugh as they saw me coming and applaud as I walked away~