Progress feedback during a scan in Word

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
jhbarker

Progress feedback during a scan in Word

Post by jhbarker »

Jon,

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but I could not find it.

The issue I have noticed is that during a scan of a document from Word 2008, focus switches to Bookends and to Word, but I cannot tell when the scan is finished. On a few occasions, I have thought things were finished and accidentally interrupted the process. Now, I have taken to scanning and waiting a few minutes past any activity, just to be sure. Also, it seems to be difficult to scan in the background while doing other things, because focus gets brought back to BE and Word when I am in a different program. Would it be possible to 1) have a progress bar for scans and 2) allow the scan process to stay in the background wile one works in other apps?

Many thanks,
Jason
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Progress feedback during a scan in Word

Post by Jon »

Hi,

I'm not sure what you are seeing. There is indeed a progress window that shows how the scan is going, that updates with every citations Bookends finds. It can take place in the background, but typically it is so fast (10's of seconds, no more) that you couldn't get much else done. When the scan is finished, Word is brought back to the front.

If you're not seeing this, please contact me directly with more information (support@sonnysoftware.com).

Jon
Sonny Software