bug when changing pref, lists

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
alexwein

bug when changing pref, lists

Post by alexwein »

I believe this is a bug. When in Preferences, Lists, I changed the fields to display options for column 4 and later column 5. Both times when I changed the options the main window disappeared and I had to reopen the database.

Also, the name of the last field displayed is all the way to the right and I can see only half of it in the window. This doesn't look right to me.

Another strange behavior--I marked references in the database by checking the boxes in the main window and at some point they all disappeared. I don't know exactly what I was doing at the time, but I will try to catch it if it happens again.

Alexandria W.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: bug when changing pref, lists

Post by Jon »

alexwein wrote:I believe this is a bug. When in Preferences, Lists, I changed the fields to display options for column 4 and later column 5. Both times when I changed the options the main window disappeared and I had to reopen the database.
Hi,

It's not a bug, it is done intentionally (and in fact, this is mentioned below the popup menus: "List View windows will be closed while changes are being made.")

Also, the name of the last field displayed is all the way to the right and I can see only half of it in the window. This doesn't look right to me.
The last column always extends to the right. A field that usually has too much text to fit in a column belongs here, like the Title.
Another strange behavior--I marked references in the database by checking the boxes in the main window and at some point they all disappeared. I don't know exactly what I was doing at the time, but I will try to catch it if it happens again.
I suspect that you unmarked references in the Hits group display -- they will hang around temporarily, even though they are no longer hits, so that you can change your mind. But when you move to another group and then come back to Hits, they won't be displayed. The "strange behavior" you saw was probably some variant of this.

If you experience something you don't expect and think is a bug, it is best to report it to me directly (support@sonnysoftware.com). The forum is a poor vehicle for dealing with specific technical issues.

Jon
Sonny Software
alexwein

Post by alexwein »

If you experience something you don't expect and think is a bug, it is best to report it to me directly (support@sonnysoftware.com). The forum is a poor vehicle for dealing with specific technical issues.
Will do, thanks.

And thanks for clearing up the other items. I had already figured issues out already. I jumped the gun, sorry.

Alexandria W.