Can't use Bookends Menu or Bookends in Word

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Ni

Can't use Bookends Menu or Bookends in Word

Post by Ni »

I keep getting some weird error every time I click on any of the Bookends menu items in Word. I have the latest versions of both software. I get a Microsoft Visual Basic
Run-time error'53', which states File not found: BE Word X Add-in. I see the menu, I have MS Word set as my word processor in Bookends Preferences. What is wrong? I haven't used Bookends in Word since installing Bookends 8.03.

I need immediate help, I have a scientific poster session in an hour and I need a list of my references on hand. This is very bad.
-Ni
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Well, posting on a forum usually isn't the fastest way to get technical support.

The problem you are having is a bug in Mac OS X Finder, in which it gets confused and doesn't match up Bookends with the creator metadata. It has nothing to do with either Word or Bookends. The Read Me discusses this, and provides several solutions (the most likely to work is double-clicking on a database when Bookends is not running).

Of course, you can always save the Word document as RTF and scan that.

Jon
Sonny Software