Online pdf finder issue?

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Megan

Online pdf finder issue?

Post by Megan »

Hi Jon, thanks for helping with that CPU issue but I'm having another issue since the update, this one is even more irritating.

Using the online Pubmed search, I drag new references over into my library, then BE starts an automated online search to find and attach the pdf. Last week this was working perfectly for 4/5 of the online journals (Science and Nature publications had to be manually attached but JBC, MCB, PNAS etc all worked fine). Two things are happening at this point that are making this process extremely frustrating. 1) Is BE seems unable to find the pdfs even though they'll be free off the pubmed central server or free from the publishers website and 2) when I go to manually attach the pdf I find that I'm timed out. I'm not sure what's going but my guess would be that BE is pinging the server multiple times without find the file and their sercurity is locking me out. The time-outs are new, since the update. I haven't changed any settings so I'm not sure what it could be. Do you have any ideas? Is this a BE thing or is this altered sercurity settings on the journals' side?
Thanks again for all your help!
Megan