request: linking (sort of) from Mellel

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
danzac

request: linking (sort of) from Mellel

Post by danzac »

I'd like to request the ability to right-click on a BE citation in Mellel and choose an option to "go to citation" in BE, which would act in the same manner as a BE URL link. This would be very helpful for going back and forth between these two programs, and heighten the integration.
~I swore to myself that if I ever got to walk around the room as manager people would laugh as they saw me coming and applaud as I walked away~
Rudi_Grams

Re: request: linking (sort of) from Mellel

Post by Rudi_Grams »

Similar to option double click a citation in Mellel?
danzac

Post by danzac »

Rudi_Grams wrote:Similar to option double click a citation in Mellel?
Well, howdy doody— I never knew about that! Thanks!

Having said that though, it is not working for me with citations in the actual document, I receive a "Citation not Found" error from Bookends.
It does work correctly when option>double-clicking a citation in the bibliography palette.

Jon (if you are reading) the issue seems to be cited pages. I have two identical citations, with only one having a cited page "@33". Clicking on the one with cited pages returns the error. The same citation with no cited page works as expected.

I can't believe I didn't know about this feature! I like it very much
~I swore to myself that if I ever got to walk around the room as manager people would laugh as they saw me coming and applaud as I walked away~
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Hi Danny. Of course I'm reading. :-)

I'll fix the issue with cited pages for the next update, which will be out very soon.

Jon
Sonny Software
danzac

Post by danzac »

great! thanks.
nicka

Post by nicka »

I get the same error, 'Citation not found', with multiple references in the same Mellel citation object. It would be so nice if clicking an object with multiple references in it brought them all up in bookends in list view.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Hi,

I've already fixed that error for the next update. But you get the first citation in the group (the reference window opens, and only one reference can be shown at a time). I could, I suppose, make them all hits and open the first one. Is that something people would like?

Jon
Sonny Software
nicka

Post by nicka »

Making them all hits seems to me to be an excellent way of doing it. I don't think it matters very much whether any of them is/are opened, but opening the first one seems logical enough.
danzac

Post by danzac »

makes sense yes. the current hits would need to be cleared I imagine
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Yes, the hits would be cleared and replaced with the one(s) in the Mellel citation. If people like this idea I'll add it (but not in the next update).

Jon
Sonny Software