small suggestion

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
danzac

small suggestion

Post by danzac »

Very small suggestion that would nonetheless be helpful.

Can their be a right-click option available in the Title field, so that highlighted text in the field would be made the Short title?

Thanks
~I swore to myself that if I ever got to walk around the room as manager people would laugh as they saw me coming and applaud as I walked away~
Jon
Site Admin

Re: small suggestion

Post by Jon »

Hm, not a bad idea. But why not just drag and drop the selected text into the short title field? That's just as simple, adheres to the Mac UI, and doesn't require the user to figure out that there's a special right click.

Jon
Sonny Software
danzac

Post by danzac »

I do this on occasion, but I find sometimes I click to fast, and the click that should "grab" the item ends up highlighting the whole field :D Then I give up and just hit copy, mouse to the field and hit paste.
~I swore to myself that if I ever got to walk around the room as manager people would laugh as they saw me coming and applaud as I walked away~
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

OK, I've added a right click contextual menu to the Title field when it has selected text: "Put the selected text in the Short TItle field". You'll see this in the next update.

Jon
Sonny Software
danzac

Post by danzac »

Great! Thanks