Kindle DX Synchronization

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
doconnor

Kindle DX Synchronization

Post by doconnor »

Jon,

I have a BE feature request. I purchased a Kindle DX, primarily so I can take lots of PDF manuscripts with me when I travel. Unfortunately, there is no good way to manage PDF content on the Kindle; the Kindle mounts as an external USB device and PDF files are loaded into the Kindle's /documents directory. It seems like there is a huge vacuum for a reference manager to handle content for the Kindle akin to the way iTunes manages iPod content. I'm envisioning a toggle that allows you to load specific groups or smart groups of references directly to the Kindle when mounted. For example, it would very useful to create a 'downloaded recently' smart group that would consist of all references downloaded in the last XX days/weeks and have those synchronized directly to the Kindle.

But maybe I'm the only one. Are there other users of Bookends (+Kindle) that would like to see something like this? If it is just me, I'll go back to lurking.

dave