Where to enter newspaper section?

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Madwen

Where to enter newspaper section?

Post by Madwen »

Do I enter the newspaper section (ie - Section B) in the Volume field or in the Pages field? Or do you have to use one of the user fields for that? If you are supposed to enter it in the pages field, does Bookends ignore it when looking at date ranges for a search? Seems like Volume would be the right place but I was not sure. I could not find a single reference to this in the documentation.

Madwen
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Hi Madwen,

I am editing a previous post I made, now that I've done a bit of research.

According to the APA Newspaper Article format, the section belongs with the page. I copied this information and example for an unsigned newspaper article from this web site: http://www.miracosta.edu/home/jmegill/S ... igned.html

Headline. (Year of publication, month day). Title of newspaper, p. page number or pp. page numbers.

Example:

Women earn high marks on a web test. (1997, July 3). New York Times, p. D6.

Jon
Sonny Software
Madwen

Post by Madwen »

Hey thanks for responding, Jon. I use mostly CMS and that is what provoked my question since a CMS newspaper cite would read "author, title, paper, date, sec. X, pp 1-2" as opposed to the APA "X1-2".

As for my other (botched) question, sorry I was tired.... obviously.

Madwen
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Madwen wrote:Hey thanks for responding, Jon. I use mostly CMS and that is what provoked my question since a CMS newspaper cite would read "author, title, paper, date, sec. X, pp 1-2" as opposed to the APA "X1-2".
In your case I think either User1/User2 or Volume would make sense. You'd just have to edit the format to output the one you entered.

This will be a bit easier to deal with in future upgrade, BTW.

Jon
Sonny Software
Madwen

Post by Madwen »

Thanks again!

Madwen