Basic Together support/Set to list of writing apps

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
suavito

Basic Together support/Set to list of writing apps

Post by suavito »

I'd love to see basic Bookends support in Together.

A huge part of my notes in Together are excerpts and the references come from Bookends.

Drag & Drop already works but it would be very handy if cmd-y was available in the usual way.

Scanning of the notes in Together in my opinion is not necessary as the final citation format is only needed in a word processor.

My workflow looks like this: Whatever comes my way I think is worth keeping, wether found stuff or own ideas, I store in Together. At some point I start a project in Scrivener and drag everything from Together that might be useful into the Scrivener project. If the text is finished I export to Mellel where I finalize it which includes the scanning of the references.

This leads me to another feature I'd like to see: Do not only allow to set Bookends to one writing app but to a hierarchical list of apps. Meaning: I set Mellel as the #1 writing app, Scrivener as #2 and Together as #3. If I use Bookends and type cmd-y and only one of the apps on the list is active the reference gets copied into it. If more than one is active the references gets copied into highest app in the hierarchy (or maybe the front most? Ah, lots of options are possible here, and lots of possible confusion!).

This would save time for changing the dedicated writing program in Bookends when you use it constantly in combination with more than just one app like me.

I have posted the same request in the Together forum:
http://www.reinventedsoftware.com/forum ... 4192#p4192
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Basic Together support/Set to list of writing apps

Post by Jon »

Hi, I never heard of Together, but I'll take a look.

BTW, you may know this already, but you can change a linked app on-the-fly with File -> Link -> app name. Now need to go to Preferences and laboriously change it every time.

Jon
Sonny Software