Questions & Suggestion re: keywords

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
TXCiclista

Questions & Suggestion re: keywords

Post by TXCiclista »

Question first:
How can I easily strip all my references of keywords (or replace with something else)? I've downloaded lots from the LoC and their keyword scheme doesn't work for me (and is sometimes wrong when a text-delimiter is left out).

Suggestion:
Can we have an option to display both "Keywords" and "Formatted"? Both are useful to me and switching back and forth is a bit of a pain.

Thanks!
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Questions & Suggestion re: keywords

Post by Jon »

Hi,

Use Global Change to put "" (empty) into the Keyword field of all references in the database. Do this on a COPY of your db, it is not undoable.

You have this option in the Concise View right now (it's the display pane to the right -- view formatted is below). You can also configure the Summary or All concise views to show the Keywords where ever you'd like them (i.e. toward the beginning or the end of the metadata).

Jon
Sonny Software
rickl

Re: Questions & Suggestion re: keywords

Post by rickl »

It might be worthwhile to point out here that what is called "Concise View" here and in the Preferences is called "View summary" in the Bookends window and "Summary" in the View menu.