list view search missing keystrokes

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
danzac

list view search missing keystrokes

Post by danzac »

I've been having a problem for the last few updates and thought I better see if anyone else is experiencing it. Basically, when I'm in List view and typing a word into the search, the resulting "real time" search is making Bookends miss keystrokes.

So for instance I type "carlson" in the search bar. The result is carson or crlson, etc. It usually is because I have a VERY slight pause before continuing the typing — the missing letter is usually right after the slight pause in typing. Its gotten to the point that I usually cut and paste the search query now to avoid having to retype all of the time.

thanks,
Danny
~I swore to myself that if I ever got to walk around the room as manager people would laugh as they saw me coming and applaud as I walked away~
Jon
Site Admin

Re: list view search missing keystrokes

Post by Jon »

Danny, you're using 11.0.4, then. I can't reproduce this on my machines. Another user reported this, though, and it was solved by unchecking 'User WebKit to display pdfs' in the Action menu popup. Try that. If that fixes it, please make sure you are not using the Adobe pdf plugin -- that has unpredictable (and always bad) effects on Bookends. The FAQ (Help menu) discusses this a bit and tells you how to disable it).

Jon
Sonny Software
danzac

Post by danzac »

11.0.4 is the most recent, right?

Definitely not using the Adobe plugin.

That did the trick though
~I swore to myself that if I ever got to walk around the room as manager people would laugh as they saw me coming and applaud as I walked away~
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

I've made a tweak in 11.0.5 that may help mitigate this issue when WebKit is being used. Please try again when that's out.

Jon
Sonny Software