Drag PDF to Bookends icon

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
rickl

Drag PDF to Bookends icon

Post by rickl »

Although woefully underfeatured in many ways, I've discovered that the dock icon of the program Papers will accept a dragged PDF, launching itself if necessary and importing and matching the PDF. Very convenient. Any chance of Bookends getting that feature?
nicka

Re: Drag PDF to Bookends icon

Post by nicka »

I'd also appreciate this feature. From time to time I've found myself trying to do this, and nothing happening (naturally enough).
ozean

Post by ozean »

Dragging different things onto the dock icon to import them would be really neat. I would like to be able to drag:
  • .ris files (with an explicit file type identifier ending would be a first step, but if the file could be automatically identified as RIS, then it would be a perfect world)
  • .enw files (same as with .ris)
  • .pdf files (these should open the usual PDF import window – for the currently selected entry)
I do not know if this can be accomplished with the same modifier keys that are currently used for importing stuff by dragging and dropping onto the reference list window.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

This would be a nice little addition. I'll look into it.

Jon
Sonny Software