Wrong formatting in Nisus after unscanning document

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
tomtom

Wrong formatting in Nisus after unscanning document

Post by tomtom »

Hi there,

I have an annoying problem with unscanned documents in Nisus. So, what's the matter?

My Nisus setup has a footnote style which prints text in 8pt "Andale Mono" and the main text with "normal style" is in 14 pt Garamond. Bookends is set up to give the bibliography in 12pt Times New Roman. I use a slightly tweaked "Chicago 15th A" for the bibliography and the "Chicago 15th A footnotes" for the footnotes.

Inserting the footnotes and scanning the document works fine. But when i unscan the documents the footnote parts appear as 12pt Garamond!

I use Nisus and Bookends with german OS X Snow Lepoard.

Is this problem reproducable or is this due to the style format in Bookends or is it a Nisus-specific problem?

Yours,
Tom
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Wrong formatting in Nisus after unscanning document

Post by Jon »

I'm not trying to pass the buck, but unscanning simply strips out whatever Bookends inserted in NWP hidden fields and restores the original. I'm guessing that NWP styles defined for footnotes aren't being restored, perhaps because they weren't stored in the actual text. I can't test anything right now because I'm on vacation in Europe, so I suggest you contact Martin at Nisus tech support with this question. Of course if it turns out to be due to anything on Bookends' end of things I'll deal with it after I return.

Jon
Sonny Software