Bookends for iPad

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
ArchaeoThor

Bookends for iPad

Post by ArchaeoThor »

Hello,

I am new to Bookends but I am already loving it. A truly valuable application to organise my references. I have been looking through this thread for information on a bookends version for the iPad and the last entries have been made over half a year ago. So I thought it's time to bring it up again. I am planning to buy the iPad2 as soon as it is released to work on my thesis on the go. With iWork already available the missing link for me is Bookends so that I can make full use of my collected electronic literature. So please, work quick on an implementation because I am sure I am not the only Bookends user who can't wait to get a hold of it. :)
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Bookends for iPad

Post by Jon »

Hi,

All I can say at the moment is that Bookends for iOS is coming along. We're reached a few important milestones, but have more to do before we get to beta. BTW, I infer from your post that you think Bookends on an iPad would scan manuscripts. So you're not disappointed, that's not in our plan, that will remain a desktop feature (for the foreseeable future, at least).

Jon
Sonny Software
ArchaeoThor

Post by ArchaeoThor »

That doesn't matter too much to me. What's more important is that I can consult my reference library and the attached pdf files and maybe add new records, attach PDFs and sync the ammended reference library back to my desktop Mac.

I have a research Win based computer in college and I don't want to use a different referencing software on it. So an iPad + Bookends would serve me well there.

Other than that: nice one and keep at it!
rebecca

Post by rebecca »

How is Bookends for iPad progressing? Will we see it soon?
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Hi,

Actually, Bookends On Tap is progressing very well. I anticipate we will open up testing to a small group of users in a few weeks. Once that phase is over I'll post on this forum asking for a small number of people to sign up for beta testing.

Jon
Sonny Software
rebecca

Post by rebecca »

That sounds great!

In the meantime, is it possible for me to export my database into Filemaker for iPad and then sync between that and Bookends on my desktop?
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

I don't have Filemaker for iPad, but I don't see how you could sync.

Jon
Sonny Software
daiyi

Post by daiyi »

Jon wrote:Hi,

Actually, Bookends On Tap is progressing very well. I anticipate we will open up testing to a small group of users in a few weeks. Once that phase is over I'll post on this forum asking for a small number of people to sign up for beta testing.

Jon
Sonny Software
Great news and timing. I'm getting an iPad from my school later this week.
vivian

Post by vivian »

I too would love to see my bookend references on my ipad! Thanks for keeping us updated.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Hi. We're readying Bookends/Bookends On Tap for initial testing with a select group of users (already selected), which should begin "any day now".

Jon
Sonny Software
kga1978

Post by kga1978 »

Jon, I am disappointed that I wasn't one of the select few - I need my fix with that Bookends on Tap ;-).

Very much looking forward to it - I don't expect a feature-full first version, but I look forward to providing feedback for future versions!
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

We'll open up the beta test to more people once the initial phase is complete (it's ongoing now). Please keep an eye on the forum, I'll be posting a request for more testers when we're ready (I don't expect this to be far off), so please contact me then and I'll make sure you're included.

Jon
Sonny Software
ArchaeoThor

Post by ArchaeoThor »

This is really exciting. I can't wait to have bookends running on iPad. Will this run on any iOS device or is it going to be exclusive to iPad?
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

It will work on iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch (not sure yet of the minimum iOS version). Of course it's nicest on the iPad. I'll be posting a request for more beta testers soon.

Jon
Sonny Software
danzac

Post by danzac »

Will you start leaking some details pre-launch or will it just fall like dynamite :D
~I swore to myself that if I ever got to walk around the room as manager people would laugh as they saw me coming and applaud as I walked away~