Footnote font

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Nhaps

Footnote font

Post by Nhaps »

Every time I paste content in footnote it overrides my Times New Roman with another font, similar to Helvetica. How can I control size and font type of footnotes? Thanks--
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Footnote font

Post by Jon »

This depends on your word processor. If it's Word, make sure the style sheet for you footnotes specifies Times New Roman. And since you say "paste", I assume you're talking about temporary citations -- if so, Bookends is just sending plain text, it's Word that assigns the font.

Jon
Sonny Software
Nhaps

Post by Nhaps »

I am working with Scrivener, so help is appreciated to have it paste Times New Roman 10
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

What, exactly, are you doing? Copy Citation? If so, you'll have to ask tech support for Scrivener. Bookends is sending plain text (not font attributes), and it's the other app that controls what is used to display it.

Jon
Sonny Software
suavito

Post by suavito »

Like Jon said, Bookends sends plain text. It is Scrivener that changes the font.

You can set the footnote fonts of both inline and inspector footnotes in the formatting preferences of Scrivener. See screenshot below.
scrivener_formatting_preferences.png
scrivener_formatting_preferences.png (144.44 KiB) Viewed 5135 times
Nhaps

Post by Nhaps »

Thanks Jon, and especially suavito for answering my question!