iCloud

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
gnoli

iCloud

Post by gnoli »

Hi Jon,
I wondered if you have any plan to implement a full support for iCloud, like some other competitors are doing, and if you can explain features and limits in the actual cooperation between Bookends and Bookends on Taps (I don't have a iOS device, at the moment).
Thank you very much
Tommaso
Jon
Site Admin

Re: iCloud

Post by Jon »

You mean iCloud for sync between Bookends and BOT I assume. We've discussed this a bit, but it's not clear (to me at least) what real advantage this would bring. Unless someone knows differently (and if so, speak up!), iCloud sync syncs entire files. Bookends/BOT is much more granular, syncing just the information that needs to be synced (new refs, deletions, edited references, new attachments, etc.). Our sync also lets you keep just a subset of your library (identified by groups) in sync, which is also a great time saver if you have many thousands of references. The Bookends/BOT sync is wireless and quite fast.

As for limitations, I can't think of any in particular. Things can always be improved and new features added. For example, we plan to add a mechanism for easy viewing and editing of notes in the next update of BOT. If you have particular features or limitations in mind, please note them and I'll explain what Bookends/BOT can and can't do.

The User Guide is rather short and has plenty of illustrated examples. You might take a look if you haven't already.

http://www.sonnysoftware.com/bookendsontap/docs/

Jon
Sonny Software
gnoli

Re: iCloud

Post by gnoli »

Thank you Jon,
in particular for the link to the BOT's documentation !
Tommaso