Bookends-Mellel connection broken

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
MBurer

Bookends-Mellel connection broken

Post by MBurer »

I am cross-posting this in the Mellel forums in case the solution is on that side of the equation.

The connection between Mellel and Bookends is now somehow broken. Mellel recently updated to 3.1, so my obvious guess is that's when it happened, but I don't know who the culprit is. Long and short, even though I have Mellel specified as my word processor in Bookends preferences and I have Bookends specified as my bibliographic software in Mellel, I cannot put citations into Mellel from Bookends like I did before. I will create a note in Mellel, switch to Bookends, find my source and copy the citation (usually with "Copy Citations and Modifiers"), but no citation is put into Mellel.

Any help in resolving this would be appreciated.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Bookends-Mellel connection broken

Post by Jon »

This could be due to a known bug on OS 10.8.2. If so, log out/in and see if it works now. I believe the bug has been fixed in 10.8.3.

Jon
Sonny Software
MBurer

Post by MBurer »

Thanks for the tip. Logging out then back in did solve the problem. Would you like to know if it happens again?
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

No. The problem is with OS X, not Bookends (or Mellel). It can only be fixed by Apple (and as I said, I believe it is fixed in the next system update, 10.8.3).

Jon
Sonny Software
MBurer

Post by MBurer »

OK. Thanks so much for the help!
nicka

Post by nicka »

While we wait for 10.8.3, does anyone know what triggers this behaviour? It would be nice to be able to keep logging-out and back in to a minimum, and if we knew what breaks the Mellel-Bookends connection, perhaps we could avoid it.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

There are many discussions about this on the Internet. Here's one:

http://mjtsai.com/blog/2012/10/04/aesen ... -x-10-8-2/

Jon
Sonny Software