Copy and paste as unformatted text

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
rbekkers

Copy and paste as unformatted text

Post by rbekkers »

Hi there,

I regularly copy ('formatted') references from Bookends into Microsoft Word, and always need to use the 'paste special' and then the 'use unformatted text' menus in Word. Also copying source texts into Bookends requires me to use the 'Paste plain text' function (although this one at least has a shortcut key). Regularly I make mistakes, which is annoying and making me find (wrongly) formatted fields in references.

Now I think do not have any need for Bookends to keep references in a format (other then plain text) anyway. There there a way to turn of formatting altogether? So any pasting in Bookends is by definition 'as plain text', that anything copied into the clipboard from Bookends is plain text as well, and preferably nothing stored in Bookends has any own formatting to it?

(Or Perhaps I overlooked a feature...?)

best, rudi
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Copy and paste as unformatted text

Post by Jon »

We're boing to make Command-V default to paste as plain text. As for copying out of Bookends, you can set the output in Biblio -> Bibliography Formatter to Plain Text. In this case, when you copy in Bookends it will be what you want. Set it back to Styled Text when you scan a paper.

Jon
Sonny Software