Google scholar searches not working

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
johnmaloney

Re: Google scholar searches not working

Post by johnmaloney »

I am also a new bookends user, and I am having this exact same problem Alexander describes above. I was able to import from Google Search for the first few searches, but now I get the same "no references were imported" messages and the switch to yellow text in the search box.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

The issue, which is discussed elsewhere in this thread and in others, is that GS thinks you're a robot. Go to the GS web site in your browser and identify yourself as a human if challenged. Then wait up to 24 hours to be allowed to search again. It may also help to create an account on Google Scholar and sign into it in Bookends Browser.

Jon
Sonny Software
johnmaloney

Post by johnmaloney »

I had already followed all the suggested steps to deal with the GS robot issue. Still not letting me import searches. The online search is working fine; it's when I click "import" that I get the message "no references were imported."
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 10.14.05 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 10.14.05 AM.jpg (228.11 KiB) Viewed 2570 times
Last edited by johnmaloney on Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

GS searches and importing are working here, and I've had no other reports of problems, so the issue is local. Have you waited 24 hours since the problem began? Have you edited the Google import filter? Finally, can you try another Mac as a diagnostic?

Jon
Sonny Software