Is this format possible in Bookends

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
jzents

Is this format possible in Bookends

Post by jzents »

Empiricus, Sextus
1936 Sextus Empiricus: Against Physicists, Against Ethicists. Trans. R. G. Bury
Loeb Classical Library. Cambridge and London: Cambridge University
Press.

The way this will display is not accurate. I want the 2nd line to be the first line in a new paragraph. That new paragraph should have a first line indented about ¼ of an inch and the rest of the paragraph formatted with a hanging indent to that the words after 1936 are indented another ¼ of an inch with that becoming the left margin for the rest of the paragraph. I will attach a RTF file with this format showing as well (No I cannot because both RTF and PDF are not allowed extensions). I want to use this format in my dissertation, and have come close during a trial of Endnote, but really do not want to go that way. Can this be done in Bookends?

Second question. Can Bookends handle BC dates?
Jeff Zents
South Texas College
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Is this format possible in Bookends

Post by Jon »

I've addressed these questions off-forum, but for those reading...

1. You'd have to introduce a tab (∆, or Option-J) in the format to get the tabbed output, then fiddle with the ruler in the word processor to get the indent/outdent to look the way you want.

2. You can enter anything you want in the Date field and in the format tell Bookends to NOT use "year-only for date".

Jon
Sonny Software
jzents

Re: Is this format possible in Bookends

Post by jzents »

I wish to report with great joy that the format was possible both in NWP and Mellel. I did not try in Word, personal preference. Good to know since I need that format. Cheers!
Jeff Zents
South Texas College