Switching, so looking for some advice.

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
jzents

Switching, so looking for some advice.

Post by jzents »

I am switching to Bookends, because, as you might've guessed from an earlier post, my previous reference manager would not format my bibliography in the way I wanted. Bookends can do it very easily. However, that raises two rather thorny problems. First, I'm going to have to convert two chapters of my dissertation from my previous reference manager, Sente, over to Bookends. Does anybody have any experience with that, and what would you recommend as a good procedure? Secondly, given that I'm switching to Bookends, and the well-publicized problems with the latest version of Pages, I'm also going to have to change word processors.You mean Chapter 1 of my dissertation was written in Nisus Writer Pro, and the second chapter was written in Pages (I really wanted to support Apple.) So my question is this, clearly I'm going to have to convert at least one chapter to a different word processor. Given that I'm moving to Bookends, should I go ahead and take the plunge and move everything over to Mellel, or just stay in Nisus Writer Pro for the rest of the dissertation? I would appreciate any insight or opinions from current users of Bookends. The dissertation will probably be about 350 pages, no complex tables, and probably few if any illustrations (it is a dissertation in philosophy). Cheers!
Jeff Zents
South Texas College