Notes in the note string

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
jzents

Notes in the note string

Post by jzents »

There is a minor problem that I don't know how to solve with notes in the note stream. When I ask it to add a note it does so. But when I finished dictating into the note, and close it, another note has been added before the one I'm dictating in. It's a blank note with nothing in it. It is easy enough to delete it and get it out of the road. But it seems to me that it should not be there. I was working in the note I ask it to add. Does anybody know why it adds the extra note. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
Jeff Zents
South Texas College
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Notes in the note string

Post by Jon »

Don't forget, a notecard is simply text that is separated by other text by two consecutive carriage returns. It sounds like you're inserting an extra return and getting an extra, empty, notecard.

Jon
Sonny Software
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

I can reproduce the addition of a spurious empty notecard, it's a bug. It will be fixed in the next update, but for now simply delete the extra notecard with the Delete key.

Jon
Sonny Software
jzents

Post by jzents »

Jon wrote:I can reproduce the addition of a spurious empty notecard, it's a bug. It will be fixed in the next update, but for now simply delete the extra notecard with the Delete key.

Jon
Sonny Software
Thanks, I was going to write back but I wanted to wait a bit.
Jeff Zents
South Texas College