New refs navigation (first, last)

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
ozean

New refs navigation (first, last)

Post by ozean »

An inquiry about the update to navigation in references: while I certainly see the point that the new method is more salient than the old, I quite often relied on the old method to work my way through a set of imports.

The workflow would be like that: I import a couple of references while I do research / read a new article, and afterwards I would go through the recent imports, cleaning things up, entering keywords, checking DOIs etc. For this I relied on the old method, i.e. I would go to the newest references and then back, step-by-step until I am through with the recent imports.

Is there a way to do this after this update? If yes, then I’m probably fine with the change, as I see that it may come more natural to many. If not, then I would like to at least gather some feedback from other users of Bookends: how do you use the refs navigation? Is this a step back or forward for you? (Because for me, it would be a step backward and require unwelcome changes to my current workflow.)

Other than that: another nice release! Thanks a lot for fixing Bookends for us on 10.10.3 so quickly! :)
Jon
Site Admin

Re: New refs navigation (first, last)

Post by Jon »

This change was actually made at user requests. But it's easy to adapt it to what you want. Make a smart group that shows the last, say, 15 new references. Now the navigation commands will walk you through them.

Jon
Sonny Software
ozean

Re: New refs navigation (first, last)

Post by ozean »

Jon wrote:Make a smart group that shows the last, say, 15 new references. Now the navigation commands will walk you through them.
Wonderful. Problem solved. :)