12.5 undesirable behavior

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
doconnor

12.5 undesirable behavior

Post by doconnor »

Hi there,

Since updating to 12.5, the focus sometimes moves from the search box to the authors box automatically. This makes it very easy to accidentally erase the authors from a reference. Not sure if this behavior existed pre-12.5, but it impacted me a few times today on two different machines.

To reproduce, search for a reference (e.g., by author) with the web view selected in the bottom pane. Once the web view finishes loading, the cursor focus changes to the authors. Hitting delete (as I do when I go to change my search criteria quickly) erases all the authors. It seems to me that better behavior would be to keep the cursor focus on the search box unless a reference's details are selected manually.

Cheers,

dave
Jon
Site Admin

Re: 12.5 undesirable behavior

Post by Jon »

Dealing with the focus is a lot harder than you'd think. I can revert the behavior to what it was prior to 12.5.4 -- if the browser display is showing at the bottom of the window and the ref pane is open on the right, after the list is updated by live search the insertion point will be placed in the Authors field without selecting all the text. In this case you can't inadvertently delete the authors. I've tentatively made this change for the next update.

Jon
Sonny Software