Keyboard shortcuts for 'jumping' between list and editor?

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Cassady

Keyboard shortcuts for 'jumping' between list and editor?

Post by Cassady »

Hello all,

Just want to check that I'm not missing something that might already be possible?

I''ve finally updated/autocompleted my entire Reference Library.
I'm now in the process of systematically working through each reference, to check the various fields (e.g. add first names, where there is currently only initials etc.).

I have the reference edit set to the Library Window, with the Edit Reference selected.
As is stands, the workflow runs as follows:

The list of references is selected.
I use the arrow keys to move down through the list. I can see all the fields, and with the Attachments view selected as well, I can see where there are full names available, and compare that to the Edit Reference view, to see any discrepancies.

Where I need to edit something, I 'click' into the Edit Reference, and make the change.
To "get back" to the reference list, I need to 'click' into it again.

In some programmes, such as Scrivener etc., there are keyboard shortcuts to move the focus from (for example) the Reference Editor, to the Reference List etc.

Is anything like this possible in BE?
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Keyboard shortcuts for 'jumping' between list and editor?

Post by Jon »

We have a ton of keyboard shortcuts, but I don't believe there's a specific one that changes the focus from the edit pane to the reference list.

Jon
Sonny Software
Cassady

Post by Cassady »

Jon wrote:We have a ton of keyboard shortcuts, but I don't believe there's a specific one that changes the focus from the edit pane to the reference list.

Jon
Sonny Software
Thanks Jon.

I'm sure it's not high on the priority list - but if it could be added at some point, it would be a great help!
ozean

Post by ozean »

Sounds useful to me – I remember looking for this as well…