Force Word 2011 / Bookends to maintain style

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
mwarner

Force Word 2011 / Bookends to maintain style

Post by mwarner »

I've got a document in Word 2011 and need to unscan and rescan my bibliography. If I start with the scanned version and my Normal Word template is set to 12 pt. font, Times New Roman, and then I unscan the document, all of my BookEnds entries in the document are now Cambria font. Once I rescan, I am still left with all of my in text citations in Cambria.

Digging into the manual, I find this:
Problem: font sometimes changes after a citation is inserted in a Word document
When scanning a Word document and inserting the final citation, Bookends adopts the text style of the style sheet at that location. As a result, if you have altered the style (changed the font, font face, etc.) from that of the style sheet in the text immediately following the citation, this will be undone after the scan.
To avoid this, do one of the following to the affected text before a scan: (1) apply the style sheet you want to use, (2) edit the style sheet to specify the appearance you want, or (3) create a new style sheet and apply it.

If this is in fact the root of my problem, are there any Word savvy people out there that can tell me how to make sure my entire document is set to the right style sheet, or if there other solutions to this incredibly frustrating problem?