remembering layout and settings across launches

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
thecritic

remembering layout and settings across launches

Post by thecritic »

Hi everyone,

I recently raised the question with Jon about the fact that while Bookends recalls the general window layout across launches, it doesn't retain the chosen reference, the open pdf, and so forth. He replied that no one has requested this feature before. Would anyone else be interested? I thought that retaining such things has been a UI design principle since OS X Lion …

Bottom line: apps should retain their last states without any intervention of the user, and not require manual reconfiguration across launches.
Last edited by thecritic on Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
ozean

Re: remembering layout and settings across launches

Post by ozean »

I haven’t thought of this much before – but sometimes I find myself slightly annoyed/bored by the fact it always is the same boring, authorless website reference that is active every time I start up Bookends. I guess I would find it more helpful and productive (and most certainly more entertaining) if Bookends remember the last chosen entry.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Ozean, based on your last two posts, it sounds like you need Netflix. :-)

Jon
Sonny Software
dave83

Post by dave83 »

Yes, this would be helpful; especially with Bookends On Tap, as this is where I do most of my reading.
Cheers,
Dave