Scanning problem with Scrivener > Bookends > Mellel combo

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
iljajj

Scanning problem with Scrivener > Bookends > Mellel combo

Post by iljajj »

Hi, my problem involves three actors, so it's a bit unfair picking this forum over another; but I need to start somewhere.

I use Scrivener to write my texts, Bookends to manage citations, and (ideally) Mellel to finish the product in. My problem, simply, is that when I compile my document from Scrivener to rtf and import that into Mellel, scanning the document for citations does nothing. Nisus Pro, on the other hand, has no problem at all scanning the document. However, because of Mellel's style control I'd like to use that to finish the document. Can anyone suggest a way to solve or circumvent this problem?
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Scanning problem with Scrivener > Bookends > Mellel combo

Post by Jon »

In Mellel, did you use the command to "convert text to citations"? If you don't, Mellel doesn't know you have any citation "objects" to pass to Bookends.

Jon
Sonny Software
iljajj

Post by iljajj »

Ah, there is that. And of course, that solved the problem. For some reason it had totally bypassed me. RTFM, of course, but still grateful you helped out, Jon.
Philologist

Post by Philologist »

iljajj wrote:because of Mellel's style control I'd like to use that to finish the document.
Hi iljajj,

What kind of styles is it that you can create in Mellel and not in Nisus? Do you mean character styles or paragraph styles?

I ask because I want to learn from you. Please explain. Can you describe the style or post a screenshot?

Thanks