Highlight search findings & Sente import

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Holger

Highlight search findings & Sente import

Post by Holger »

Dear all,

I'm new to Bookends and I was wondering if it's possible to get you search findings highlighted? For example you are searching for "trees" in the seach field. Bookends does show me all related references containing the searched word, no matter if it's in the title or in the related notes. So far so good. Let's say Bookends shows twenty references. Is it possible that the app indicates exactly where in the notes the term can be found, so I don't need to read it all the way down? Being a longtime Sente user I really miss that feature…

Second questions is related to notes as well. I'm using the new feature "import from Sente" and I'm quite impressed by it so far. One issue I'm experiencing is that all reference notes are mising paragraphs and are covered with <br> instead. Any suggestions?

Thank you!
best
Holger
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Highlight search findings & Sente import

Post by Jon »

Look in Refs -> Find for various ways to search for text. Depending on what is currently selected, you'll have the opportunity to search a reference window or the open Notes field (including a Find Again). There are keyboard shortcuts for all of these Find variants.

As for <br>, it sounds like Sente may be inserting this HTML markup instead of the return metacharacter that the Bookends XML code is expecting. Please send a single reference exported from Sente as SenteXML to me (support@sonnysoftware.com) and I'll take a look.

Jon
Sonny Software
Holger

Re: Highlight search findings & Sente import

Post by Holger »

Hi Jon,

thank you for your reply which actually helped me. For some (former Sente-)users It may be a nice feature if all searched terms are higlighted in the notes section without the need to search again? :D

As for the HTML-issue, I send you an email.

Thanks again
Holger