two more feature requests

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
jdien

two more feature requests

Post by jdien »

Couple more requests (for BE 8.1):

1) Names starting with an O with an umlaut over it sorts to the bottom of the list, after Z. Would it be possible to have it sort like a regular O?

2) Since I'm using the mouse to select articles in the list view, it would be convenient if there was also a button in the list view (like in the reference window) that I could use press to copy the citations over to the manuscript, rather than having to go to the keyboard.

Thanks!

Joe
Jon
Site Admin

Re: two more feature requests

Post by Jon »

jdien wrote:1) Names starting with an O with an umlaut over it sorts to the bottom of the list, after Z. Would it be possible to have it sort like a regular O?
That's just for the List View -- it sorts properly (i.e. in Unicode order) in bibliographies. Right now the list view and the bib sort use different sorthing methods. We may consolidate them in the future.
2) Since I'm using the mouse to select articles in the list view, it would be convenient if there was also a button in the list view (like in the reference window) that I could use press to copy the citations over to the manuscript, rather than having to go to the keyboard.
In 8.1.1 this will be an option in the Action pop-up menu (along with a number of other things).

Jon
Sonny Software
Thorfinn

Post by Thorfinn »

Hi Jon.

Re. the first request/comment here from 2005, I'm wondering if later versions have made it possible to sort the list view along the lines jdien was suggesting. It would be very helpful if this was the case.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

That's an ancient post. Long ago we added the option to sort the list view by Unicode (as opposed to ASCII). This is an option in preferences (Lists tab).

Jon
Sonny Software
Thorfinn

Post by Thorfinn »

Jon. I just knew that there'd be some simple solution to my dilemma. Thank you very much. Problem sorted, knowledge gained.