Paste into Notes

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
jzents

Paste into Notes

Post by jzents »

I do most of my writing using Dragon for Mac. So obviously I like to dictate my notes when I'm building up notes for a reference. However, the makers of the Dragon software have concentrated most on webpages and various word processors in terms of compatibility. It works (supposedly, as I do not use this word processor) with Word, Pages (latest version), and it really works well in Mellel (and acceptable well in Nisus Writer Pro and Scrivener). Occasionally it gets confused when I dictate directly into the notes field. Just often enough to be annoying. I know I could try this myself but I'm at the end of the day and I'm tired so I thought I would just post this is a question: as long as you follow notes formatting rules can you dictate your notes into a word processor or TextEdit and then paste them into notes when you're done?
Last edited by jzents on Sat May 28, 2016 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff Zents
South Texas College
jzents

Re: Past into Notes

Post by jzents »

You can tell it is at the end of the day and that I hand typed the title to the question. That was supposed to be "paste" not "past". Sorry about that! And now I'm doubly sorry about this post, because I finally figured out how to edit the previous one. I'm going to go away for a while now.
Jeff Zents
South Texas College
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Paste into Notes

Post by Jon »

Sure, you can paste from any source into the Notes field. Just in case, check to make sure that in Bookends Preferences you have set Command-V to Paste and Match Style. You'll want that.

Jon
Sonny Software
jzents

Re: Paste into Notes

Post by jzents »

Jon wrote:Sure, you can paste from any source into the Notes field. Just in case, check to make sure that in Bookends Preferences you have set Command-V to Paste and Match Style. You'll want that.

Jon
Sonny Software
Thank you very much the reminder to set the preferences the correct way. That would not have occurred to me quickly! Cheers!
Jeff Zents
South Texas College