WorldCat, OPAC Form, MLA 7th edition

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
ZC1ifi

WorldCat, OPAC Form, MLA 7th edition

Post by ZC1ifi »

Just updated and wishing I hadn't. WorldCat is gone from the Online search and COPAC no longer offers a a form in which I can enter author, title etc info but a mere choice of one (author, etc), which results in thousands of hits which I haven't the time to search through. I also miss MLA 7th edition with its PRINT, WEB format. Any remedies? Am I the only one who hates it when well loved and often used options are suddenly dropped without a word of warning?
Jon
Site Admin

Re: WorldCat, OPAC Form, MLA 7th edition

Post by Jon »

None of these changed in the last update.

1. WorldCat has never been an option for direct online search, as far as I recall. It has always been an option for Bookends Browser, though, and still is.

2. COPAC still allows boolean searches.

3. MLA 7th never had a paring and web Type. If your's did, you created them yourself.

Jon
Sonny Software
ZC1ifi

Post by ZC1ifi »

I stand corrected. I tried it without using the Bookends browser and got the results I mentioned. Thanks for setting me right. I guess I can download MLA 8th edition?
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

We haven't created a format for MLA 8th yet. You can of course make your own, starting with MLA 7th and making the needed changes.

Jon
Sonny Software