Groups and labels bug?

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
joao

Groups and labels bug?

Post by joao »

Hi,

I'm having an issue with the latest Bookends (12.7.9), that I did not have before, where references are not getting added to groups.
Steps to reproduce:
- Database has a local group called "Reading" (inside a group called "status").
- It also has a label called "Reading".
- Right click on the reference, choose 'Add to group'-'Reading'.
- Expected result: reference should get added to relevant local group. Actual result: reference gets given the 'Reading' label but does not get added to the group.

This might be also relevant:
- I started by creating labels, and then creating smart groups with the same name as the labels that would collect the references. I have since stopped using this system (and deleted the smart groups) because the custom label names do not get displayed in Bookends iOS, and because I would not be able to achieve a proper workflow between Bookends Mac and Bookends iOS with smart groups (since the smart groups are not shared). I expected to just use simple local groups for this, but bookends seems to be getting confused with the labels and local groups.

Please advise.

Best,
Joao
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Groups and labels bug?

Post by Jon »

The terminology is confusing. I assume the "group" status is actually a folder. And I assume that by label you mean a field label. If so, I can't reproduce this problem. Please Rebuild your library and try again. If you still have a problem, please contact tech support (which is *always* the right thing to do when you experience what you think is a bug, the forum is for discussions) and attach your library. Also send your file Bookends Preferences if you have in fact changed the field labels.

Jon
Sonny Software
joao

Re: Groups and labels bug?

Post by joao »

Group 'status' is a folder. And by labels I mean 'colour labels' when right-clicking the reference.
Problem persists after rebuilding the library. Since I have also been getting some crashes with bookends, I will be sending the library and prefs files to tech support.

Thanks.
Joao