autocomplete new reference no longer works

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
lbowman

autocomplete new reference no longer works

Post by lbowman »

I used to be able to drag a pdf into Bookends and a a little window would pop up saying "attach to new reference and autocomplete"? And I would say "yes", and a window would pop up where I would put in the author, a few words from the text, the year, the journal, or some combination of those things, and then it would provide a series of article titles on the right hand, and I would click on the correct one.

However sometime between March and now, this stopped working. I go through all the steps, but then it does not suggest any articles at all in the right-hand column. Nothing. I have tried this with several pdfs from different sources and it does not give me anything for any of them. I have also tried choosing different search engines in the bottom right hand corner (Google Scholar, JSTOR, and CrossRef with the DOI) and none of them produce any results whatever.

I have not changed my settings at all. I did download the latest Bookends and install it, but that's all. I am not behind a proxy server or a firewall and that has not changed since March. Nothing has changed.

Has anyone got any suggestions?