Sente Import Attachment Challenges

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
paranous79

Sente Import Attachment Challenges

Post by paranous79 »

Hi all,

New Bookends user here, migrating from Sente. I managed to export all the metadata from my Sente library to a new Bookends library, importing SenteXML files for the full library. I also managed to save all the attachments from that library into a Bookends/Attachments folder. So I have both critical parts of my Sente database in Bookends, but...the Bookends references almost all contain Orphan attachments. They are not linked to the proper attachment in my Bookends/Attachments folder.

Now, I could go through, one by one, and reattach the proper attachment to each reference. But with 3000+ attachments that is unappealing. Is there a way that Bookends can try to link the references to the attachments? How does one do this efficiently?

Basically, can I alter - collectively - the folder where each reference is now looking for its attachment? Or can I figure out where each reference is mistakenly searching for its phantom reference and place the attachments back in that folder, fixing the broken links?

Thanks!
Jeff

P.S. I need to be able to do this without access to Sente.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Sente Import Attachment Challenges

Post by Jon »

What is the path for the default Bookends attachment folder in Bookends preferences? And are the attachments indeed in the specified folder?

Jon
Sonny Software
paranous79

Post by paranous79 »

Hi Jon,

The default path is /Users/[name]/Dropbox/Bookends/Attachments in Preferences, and I can verify that the attachments are indeed there.

Jeff
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Please contact me directly with screen snaps of

1. Preferences (first tab).
2. The Finder, showing the full path to the Dropbox folder (column view is best).
3. A reference in your library with the attachment name showing AND the true location of the PDF on your HD (again, the full path is very helpful).

Email to

support@sonnysoftware.com

Jon
Sonny Software