Google Reference search

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Hogenson

Google Reference search

Post by Hogenson »

I have been having trouble for the last several days getting search results to show up for new pdf documents from scholarly journals. I know there can be times when Google stops access due to suspicions of automatic systems at work, but I have not had that problem for quite some time, and I frequently need to get data on large numbers of pdf documents. So, just wondering whether there is some issue in the system, or am I missing something. Otherwise, all goes well with the system.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Google Reference search

Post by Jon »

Yes, Google broke the Bookends search Saturday. A silent update was made, so please download 12.8.3 again. We'll roll that into the next formal Bookends update, of course.

Jon
Sonny Software
Hogenson

Post by Hogenson »

Dear Jon--
Thanks for the quick reply. I will proceed with the download.
Best,
George
DarrenIngram

Post by DarrenIngram »

A "me-too" here. Just logged in to see if there were reports why my Bookends and Google Scholar were not talking :)
Papeseh

Post by Papeseh »

I am having this problem too. I bought bookends through the mac store so when I downloaded the "silent" update through the website, it asked for a license key- which I don't have.

Luckily I was able to re-install through the mac store, but again having the same problem.

Is there any chance I could have a temporary license key to use bookends to finish my dissertation? Which is due imminently! Otherwise, any updates on when the mac update is due through the app store?

I have tried signing into google, using different browsers, using a VPN- none of these strategies work.

Please advise.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

We'll be updating Bookends for this and a few High Sierra issues that have cropped up in a week or so. Bookends Browser still works with Google Scholar.

Jon
Sonny Software