syncing custom files

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
danzac

syncing custom files

Post by danzac »

My library and attachments folder are syncing properly with iCloud, but my second computer is not registering the custom files in my Dropbox folder (Preferences is set to them for the Custom Folders).

My other question is if there is also a way to sync the additional preferences we make (eg. labels, Reference Types, etc) for BE. It would be great if these could be stored alongside the other custom files
~I swore to myself that if I ever got to walk around the room as manager people would laugh as they saw me coming and applaud as I walked away~
Jon
Site Admin

Re: syncing custom files

Post by Jon »

For your first question you should contact tech support, with a bit more detail and screen snaps of your setup.

As for the second, syncing some global preference settings is something we'd like to do, too.

Jon
Sonny Software
danzac

Post by danzac »

Jon wrote:For your first question you should contact tech support, with a bit more detail and screen snaps of your setup.

As for the second, syncing some global preference settings is something we'd like to do, too.

Jon
Sonny Software
Awesome. In the interim, is there a specific file I can copy from one computer to another to bring my preferences over?
~I swore to myself that if I ever got to walk around the room as manager people would laugh as they saw me coming and applaud as I walked away~
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

You can copy Bookends Preferences from one to the other if you're using same default attachments folder (if not, you have to reset that on the second computer). Also, any arbitrary attachment paths (PDFs not in the default folder) will break, and you'll have to reattach one file from each such folder on the second machine. These are minor issues.

Jon
Sonny Software