Recreate groups hierarchy in attachments folder

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
dtziouris

Recreate groups hierarchy in attachments folder

Post by dtziouris »

Hallo,

I organize my books and articles in a folder hierarchy in bookends using static groups and folders and I would like to have the pdf's stored in the atttachments folder organized in the same way. In order to automate the task I have come up with following solution:
  • 1. rename imported pdf using the intented place in the folder hierarchy as part of the name i.e. the pdf "Internal nasal valve.pdf" that goes in the folder Anatomy/Head/Nose could be named "Anatomy@Head@Nose_Internal nasal valve.pdf"
    2. use folder actions in OSX to extract the destination path, move the pdf into the right folder and rename it
Unfortunately I haven't managed to get the path of a reference in the group hierarchy in Bookends. Is it possible? Is there another way to achieve what I have described?

Regards,
Dimitrios
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Recreate groups hierarchy in attachments folder

Post by Jon »

I'm not sure that's do-able. You can get the full path of all groups via the RGPN AppleEvent (p. 24 of the user guide), if that helps.

Jon
Sonny Software