Track changes when using bookends

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
xiaoyuan622

Track changes when using bookends

Post by xiaoyuan622 »

Hi everyone,

I'm using Bookends for my manuscripts. I use "Track changes" in word when I revise my manuscripts. Sometimes I need to insert new references or remove some and so, I want to scan bookends to update the reference. But whenever I scan the bookends, it just accept all my changes including those are reference unrelated. Is there anyway to only scan and accept the reference changes but keep tracking other changes? I know Endnote does that, keep the "tracked changes". But I'd like to use Bookends.

I appreciate all helps!

Best,
Fuxing
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Track changes when using bookends

Post by Jon »

I don't know if that's possible. Bookends doesn't interact with Word the same way that EndNote does. In this case I advise holding off scanning until you can accept changes. You don't usually need to scan before actually submitting a paper. In some cases scanning with track changes unresolved can also cause problems. Please see this page

http://www.sonnysoftware.com/Issues/issues.html

Jon
Sonny Software
xiaoyuan622

Post by xiaoyuan622 »

Thanks, Jon.

Fuxing
JCwrites

Post by JCwrites »

hi Jon,
The journal I submit to requires a copy with all the Tracked Changes copy AND one with Changes Accepted ,, ugh ,,
Justin
iandol

Post by iandol »

Can't you temporarily turn OFF track changes just for the scan while keeping the already existing changes?
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Yes, that's the solution. Or if you don't want to change the original, make a copy of your document, turn off Track Changes, and scan.

Jon
Sonny Software